Czech Literary Centre residencies
The Czech Literary Centre, a division of the Moravian Library in Brno, is inviting applications for residencies in Brno and Prague (the latter in cooperation with the Czech Scout Foundation as part of the Jaroslav Foglar Residency programme).
Residencies for translators of Czech and foreign Czech studies specialists
Foreign translators of Czech, Czech studies specialists and literary scientists with an interest in Czech culture are invited to apply for study/creative residencies lasting 3 or 4 weeks in Prague or Brno (in Brno this includes unlimited access to the Moravian Library’s collections). There are no restrictions on age or target language for translations. The residency is intended to provide the successful applicant with time for creative work or research and the chance to meet the translated author and become more familiar with the Czech literary and cultural scene. The applicant should be willing to participate in local literary life (taking part in events held or arranged by the organizer). During the residency, the successful applicant is expected to work on a translation or research project.
- ability to communicate in Czech (or Slovak) or English
- at least one published translation or research paper (including publication in magazines or journals)
Deadlines for applications:
- 31.3. – for September, October or November 2020
(results to be announced by 30. 4. 2020)
- 31.10. – for March, April, May or June 2021
(results to be announced by 30. 11. 2020)
Costs covered for successful applicant:
- an allowance of 250 EUR / 6500 CZK per week
- accommodation in the residency flat
Documents for application (in Czech or English, in a word-processing file format or pdf):
- completed application form (including a covering letter and a description of the project)
- curriculum vitae
Other conditions are stated in the application form, which is an integral part of the application procedure, and are binding for applicants.
Documents to be sent to this address: email@example.com.