The two- to four-week residencies are for foreign writers, translators, critics and literary scholars who are interested in, and want to learn more about, Czech literature and culture. The residencies are in the form of creative scholarships and do not have an age limit. The aim of the project is to support literature, creative dialogue and international cultural exchange. Residents will have time to create, research and get to know the Czech literary and cultural scene.
Residency dates: September-December 2017
Locations: Prague and Brno (in Brno there will be more options for translators and scholars, and unlimited access to the resources of the Moravian Library)
Application submission deadline: 1st June 2017
Decision: The successful applicants will be announced by 30th June 2017 based on the decision of the selection committee
- Cover letter (including the applicants desired length, dates and location of the residency)
- Optional: a sample of published work (in English or Czech) or of a translation (max. 5 pages)
- Interest in Czech culture
- Basic knowledge of English
- At least one published work of literature, scholarly publication or translation
- Willingness to participate in local literary life (readings, lectures, discussions and events held by the organiser of the residency or connected with cultural events in the city)
- Work on a literary project (prose, poetry, drama, translation, scholarly work) during the stay
Residency conditions: Accommodation and travel costs are covered and a €250/week contribution to living costs is paid to the resident.
Send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org